COVID-19 & CONTACTLESS DELIVERIES
To ensure both couriers and customers are protected during this difficult time, all deliveries can be made contactless.
- If in our own vehicle, the driver can unload in a specified safe area and phone to advise once complete. We must be notified within an hour of any issues.
- Couriers (parcel and pallet) can leave in a designated safe place without a signature. However, this option is chosen at your own risk and we cannot be liable for the goods. We will, however, always help where we can.
- DHL drivers are also able to type the recipient’s name and use a code that will list as “Accepted at delivery point” for any recipients that do NOT wish to sign for any parcel(s) due to Covid-19.
- Please advise us if any member of your household or business premises is self isolating or displaying symptoms of Covid-19.
- Please apply all standard precautions when receiving goods that have been delivered and handled by couriers or our drivers. This includes contactless deliveries.
As both a domestic and international seller, we have extensive experience of dealing with couriers and the issues this can cause. As such, we would kindly ask you to adhere to the following procedures regarding the delivery of any order you may place with us. Failure to do so could result in extra charges being made in order for fulfilment to be completed.
Conditions of Delivery
1) Please ensure that somebody with the sufficient authority and time is available to accept and sign for your goods during the agreed delivery window.
2) Please ensure that all potential recipients of the delivery are made aware of these procedures.
3) When taking delivery from external parcel couriers, the drivers ARE NOT contracted to wait for the goods to be checked; a signature is still required and will not affect your chance to report an issue should any arise. Any issues MUST be reported within 24 hours of receipt of the goods. Delivery can be refused if there is any visible damage to the packaging.
4) When taking delivery from our external pallet courier, the company will not accept any claim for damage against a delivery that has a clean signature, all goods MUST be checked at the TIME OF DELIVERY. Under the terms of the contract we have with our pallet courier, they must allow you sufficient time to open up pallets in order to inspect the goods closely. If they refuse to do so, please sign for the consignment as damaged. For the avoidance of doubt, no claim for transport damage can be made where a clean delivery signature has been provided.
By placing an order with us, you have indicated that you accept the terms of these procedures and that you or your appointed representative will be on hand to receive the shipment within the agreed delivery window. There will be no exemptions to this policy if a clean signature is provided by any other party.
Further notes on pallet deliveries 1) If the goods you are receiving are being shipped on a pallet, the courier will contact you to arrange a mutually convenient delivery day, (unless otherwise agreed). Please ensure that you point out ANY potential delivery issues, such as restricted access, at this time. Actions required to overcome delivery issues may be chargeable to you, particularly if only discovered on the day of delivery. The pallet courier does not provide time slots and they only operate between standard business hours (unless otherwise arranged). We will however, input your mobile number and/or email address to receive rough tracking movements of the pallet. 2) Pallet deliveries are to ‘kerbside’ only, (unless otherwise agreed). The pallet(s) will be removed from the delivery vehicle using a tail-lift and pallet forks (not suitable on gravel driveways) and placed in the first convenient, safe location. Driveway and drivers are not obliged to move the pallet any further into your property. Please contact us if you have requirements beyond this. 3) If a situation arises where you consent for delivery to be made without a signature, to an empty address for instance, it will not be possible for you to make any claims regarding transport damage.
Further notes on parcel deliveries 1) If the goods you are receiving are being shipped by parcel(s), you may receive a text or email from our courier with a potential time window for delivery. If you are unavailable to take delivery at any point during the specified time window, please follow the rescheduling instructions provided.
Further notes on deliveries fulfilled by The Oak Timber Frame Gazebo Company 1) Any driver delivering goods on one The Oak Timber Frame Gazebo Company own vehicles will wait for the customer to check for damages. 2) The driver will supply two delivery notes which must be signed accordingly 3) Any claim for damages by the customer must be made at the time of delivery.
General delivery notes 1) Delivery dates and times proposed by The Oak Timber Frame Gazebo Company should be considered as best endeavour offers, not guarantees. Schedules are offered in good faith but may be subject to various factors, whether the delivery is being made using our own vehicles or courier network. 2) The Oak Timber Frame Gazebo Company will not be liable for any costs, including lost earnings, associated with a delivery schedule not being met for any reason, including transport and/or stock issues. 3) The Oak Timber Frame Gazebo Company understands that delivery shortfalls may not be immediately detected, customers are given 24 hours to make a full inventory. If any discrepancies are noted, the customer must report these to The Oak Timber Frame Gazebo Company within this timeframe in order to be eligible for any compensation. Where requested, the customer must also supply photographs of the shipment, including all of its packaging.